In yesterday’s Pumpkin Butter post, I said that I would be serving Pumpkin Butter for breakfast this morning. Keeping my word, this morning’s special was Stuffed Pumpkin Butter French Toast. I know. There is nothing French about this dish; but it is what Americans call “French Toast”. Whatever the origins … yum! It tastes like autumn is here!
For 2 servings:
4 thick slices cinnamon bread, edges trimmed
3 T. low-fat cream cheese
1 lg. egg
1/4 c. half-and-half
1/4 c. + 3 T. pumpkin butter, divided
3 T. maple syrup
1/4 c. pecans or walnuts
confectioner’s sugar for serving
(1) Spread cream cheese on 2 of the slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Cut each “sandwich” diagonally into 2 triangles.
(2) Beat together egg, half-and-half, and 1/4 c. of the pumpkin butter until perfectly smooth. Soak triangles in batter for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Make sure that the edges are coated with batter.
(3) Preheat a skillet or grill over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles but does not skate across the surface. Coat with butter, canola oil, or vegetable spray. (Butter and vegetable spray work fine in a non-stick skillet, but when I make French Toast on our commercial grill, I use canola oil.) Grill bread on each side for several minutes or until egg is cooked and lightly browned. Remember to grill edges as well.
(4) Meanwhile, stir together remaining 3 T. of pumpkin butter and the maple syrup. Warm just before serving.
(5) Arrange nuts on 2 serving warm plates. Arrange French Toast. Drizzle with pumpkin syrup and then dust with confectioner’s sugar. Serve right away. Enjoy!
This looks crazy good! – must try the Pumpkin Butter!
Oh, definitely! Enjoy …
I can’t wait to try this! Sounds and looks amazing!
oh my! this looks amazing! cant wait to try it
Super! Thanks for the note. Enjoy.
Wow this looks yummy! ^.^~
Thank you! It’s really a great dish for autumn.
thank you for sharing with us the recipe !
You are most welome. I hope that you get a chance to try it!
Wow… that looks amazing!
Thanks! It’s pretty yummy!
That looks bloody amazing – truly!
How kind : )
Thanks! Everyone seemed happy with it : )