Pumpkin Dried Cherry Quick Bread
2 c. all-purpose flour or white rice flour
1 T. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground mace
1/2 t. salt
1 c. packed pumpkin puree
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
2 lg. eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 c. granulated white sugar
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
3/4 c. dried cherries+extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking pan* with vegetable oil.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, mace and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together pumpkin, oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in sugars until well moistened.
- Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until no dry spots remain. Fold in dried cherries.
- Scoop batter into baking pan, smoothing the surface with the back of a large spoon. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean or with large crumbs that look cooked through.
- Cool for 10-20 minutes on a cooling rack. Invert bread onto another rack, then re-invert onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving. Serve warm or cool. Garnish with dried cherries.
*The pan that I use is a non-stick fluted cake pan that is a little bit over 8 cups in volume.
Have a lovely day!