2 parts Grand Marnier Signature Collection No. 2 Raspberry Peach
1 part fresh-squeezed juice from ripe Meyer Lemons*
agave syrup to taste, optional
Meyer Lemon slices
fresh (or semi-thawed) peach slices
Combine tequila, Grand Marnier, and lemon juice. Stir and then taste. If desired, add agave syrup until desired sweetness is reached. Stir together with ice and chill until serving or shake in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and serve right away. Garnish with fruit. Serve in margarita glasses or in colorful Mexican glassware. Enjoy! Have a great weekend!
* Note: ripe Meyer Lemons, which are a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges, sometimes look like small oranges when they are ripe.
We’ve been having Valentine’s Day themed breakfast specials all week long at The Morning Star. One of the items that I served this morning was Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins. We also had Nutella French Toast and Bagels with Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese today in addition to our regular menu. It was a very festive breakfast this morning as it has been all week!
Valentine’s Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
(makes 10 – 12)
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. granulated white sugar, plus extra for topping
1 T. baking powder
8 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. low fat buttermilk
2 large eggs
2 t. orange extract
2 c. frozen raspberries
(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 12 standard muffin cups or 10 eight-ounce ramekins with butter and flour or baking spray.
(2) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1 c. sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
(3) Whisk together butter, buttermilk, eggs and orange extract. Stir mixture into dry ingredients. Fold in raspberries.
(4) Divide batter into prepared muffin cups or ramekins. Using the back of a spoon, shape each cup of batter into a light mound. Sprinkle batter with granulated white sugar. If using ramekins, place them on two baking sheets before putting in the oven. Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Muffins are firm to the touch when done.