My husband has a hard time starting his day without chocolate. So I make these muffins (or a variation thereof) pretty frequently!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. granulated white sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground mace
1/2 t. ground ginger
1 c. mashed banana (about 2 lg.)
1/2 c. canola oil
2 lg. eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
1 1/4 chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
honey for glazing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 10 half-cup size ceramic ramekins* with baking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (except chocolate). Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (except honey). Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until the dry ingredients have been absorbed. Stir in chocolate.
4. Scoop batter into prepared ramekins. Use the back of a spoon to shape the batter in each cup into a slight mound. Place ramekins on baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
5. Remove baking sheets from oven and place on cooling racks. Immediately spoon honey over muffin tops.
* If you don’t have ramekins, use a standard 12 muffin baking pan.