Getting ready for check-in, I just made a batch of Bill’s Blondies (honey-glazed, milk chocolate chip, cinnamon blondies). Boy do they smell good!
(from Confectionately Yours, p. 31)
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 lg. egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. milk chocolate chips or 5 oz. chopped milk chocolate
about 3 T. honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8″ square baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. Place the butter in a medium size bowl. Stir in the sugar. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy. (This takes several minutes. Do not underbeat.)
4. On lowest mixer speed, beat in the dry ingredients and then the chocolate.
5. Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan. Bake for about 24 to 26 minutes or until blondies start to pull back from the edge of the pan and the center feels almost firm to the touch.
6. As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, place it on a wire rack and then drizzle honey over the top of the blondies. Spread honey around evenly using the back of a spoon. cool and then cut into squares. If desired, chill before serving.