Rich & moist, chocolate banana muffins with dried cherries and bittersweet chocolate.
Heart’s Desire Muffins
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. granulated white sugar
1/4 c. natural cocoa
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. baking soda
3/4 c. mashed overripe banana
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. dried cherries
1 1/2 oz. fine bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
2 T. confectioner’s sugar, stirred together with a pinch of cinnamon.
Cinnamon gumdrops, optional, or desired garnish
Paper heart-shaped muffin molds*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together banana, butter, and buttermilk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until no dry spots show. Fold in cherries and broken chocolate.
- Spoon batter into muffin molds. Smooth tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until muffins are firm to the touch.
- Sift confectioner’s sugar blend over muffins. Garnish, if desired. Serve (either in paper molds or removed from them.)
- Available through Wilton and speciality baking supply companies.
May your heart be full of happiness this Valentine’s Day!
Thanks, Dana! I hope the you have a great day!