Honey-Glazed Raisin Pecan Muffins
2 c. white rice flour (gluten-free)
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1 T. baking powder
2 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1 c. Greek yogurt (full-fat)
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. honey, plus extra for glazing muffins
2 lg. eggs
1 c. mixed jumbo raisins
1 c. chopped pecans
muffin papers or foils
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with papers or foils.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, butter, 1/2 c. honey, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and then stir with a mixing spoon until no dry spots appear. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
4. Divide batter between muffin cups, mounding batter up in the center of each muffin and rounding with the back of a spoon. (Batter will stand above the top of the muffin pan.)
5. Bake for 20 – 23 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove muffins from the oven and immediately glaze each with about 1/2 t. of honey, spreading honey with the back of a spoon. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Muffins are best served warm with a bit of butter or jam. Enjoy!
Have a lovely weekend!