Cranberry Walnut Muffins (Vegan)
Makes 4 dense, moist muffins
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/2 c. honey
1 mashed banana (between 1/4 – 1/3 c)
1/4 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 c. dried cranberries (any flavor – I used blueberry for this batch)
1/3 c. chopped walnuts
Confectioner’s sugar mixed with a pinch of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare four 1/2-cup ceramic ramekins with baking spray (or with vegan margarine and flour). Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine honey, banana, canola oil and vanilla extract. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until there are no dry spots remaining. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
4. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins. Place baking sheet in center of oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the tops of muffins are firm.
5. Remove from oven. Dust with confectioner’s sugar mixed with a pinch of cinnamon. Serve warm.
Enjoy! Have a great day!