Our “girls” love getting treats, especially homemade ones. It’s a good life here!
Bacon-Spinach Doggie Treats
Makes about 50
1 c. oat flour
1 c. brown rice flour or corn flour
1 1/2 c. clean spinach leaves
2 strips cooked bacon, chopped
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 lg. egg
1/2 c. cold water
(1) Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
(2) Combine the ingredients in a food processor until a dough forms. Scoop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
(3) Bake for about 25 minutes or until cookies are cooked through and lightly browned on the bottom. Allow to cool before serving to your canine pals.
Abbey & Penny sitting prettily for treats. (Come on, Nicole!)
Abbey, Penny & Peachy approved!
1 c. brown rice flour
3/4 c. quick cooking rolled oats
3 T. toasted carob powder, sifted
1/2 c. creamy low sugar peanut butter (without artificial sweeteners)
2 lg. eggs
1 T. unsulphured blackstrap molasses, optional
about 1/2 c. cold water
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8″ square baking pan with vegetable oil.
(2) Combine all of the ingredients, except the cold water, in a large bowl. Beat in enough water to form a soft but not wet batter.
(3) Press batter onto bottom of baking pan. Bake for around 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack and then cut into squares. Place left-overs in zip top bag and freeze.